Saturday, March 3, 2012

Awakening a Global Thinker

Welcome to my Global Awakening blog, named because of the idea that I am awakening to so many new ideas through this journey I am on.  The theme of awakening to new people, places, and ideas will be the common thread through the coming posts. 

This journey began with applying for the Teachers for a Global Classroom program, a program which would allow me to learn about global thinking, incorporate this global thinking into my classroom, and meet others across the country who are on this same journey.

After eight weeks of extensive reading and discussing, I still didn't know where my journey would take me. When I learned it would be Indonesia, I was so excited. Now I was anxious to travel to Washington, DC, gathering with friends and colleagues, bringing Garry Ferguson, my vice principal along as administrative support. I certainly looked forward to my D.C. trip and with it the opportunity to meet new people, learn about Indonesia, and discover even more opportunities for a global classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment